Full body workouts are special in that they are body part-centric making muscles stronger individually and fleecing away fat from them in less time. They can be made to intersperse the sequences or reps for convenient respites enabling immediate recuperation before continuing them. Typical time earmarked for each bodypart workout is generally five minutes including the resting time, with the total amounting to 30 minutes for the various parts on a day.
One advantage with this course is that you can also continue it juxtaposing other disease-specific exercises such as cardio or other sports-related exercises by suitable re-stratification. Overall, you have to chart out what type of workout you propose to do during the days of a week.
As a result, you’ll need to make only less trips to Gym. When it comes to shedding fats, you’ve to shun taking calorie-rich foods.
Advantages of full body workouts:
- Owing to various reasons, some people find it not convenient to do all the standard set of exercises in half an hour. When you adopt this full body exercises method directed toward each body part, you’ll be able to train most body parts in 30 minutes.
- Here, you use only machines which are automatic, fast and risk-free, compared to hand-held equipments.
- When you adopt workouts without weights, you can do them at home mainly making use of your own body weight. You are still achieving your goal, at minimal expense.
Planning a workout:
For each exercise, select a weight (maximum) that will exhaust you after say 10 reps. do as many reps as you can, then rest, and then restart. Do this for five minutes. When weights are added, they become Full body weightlifting workouts giving you enduring results. Always lift heavy weights so you gain strength.
During workouts, glycogen is consumed by the body for your strain. Hence, post- practice, recouping you is very imperative with supplements containing creatine, glucose, alpha lipoic, and nutrients. Interchanging the various workouts helps you share the benefits.
Main Full body workout routines and the machines used are as below. Duration for each is five minutes.
Muscle group Muscle exercise
Chest Chest press or incline bench press
Legs Leg Press-squat
S houlders Lateral Raise machine
Back Lateral Pull down, Seated Row, Bent-over row or Chin up
Triceps Cable Pushdown
Biceps Machine Preacher Curl
All these are to be done with heavy weights for more muscle power. They are only sample workouts; and you can modify them at will, week after week.
When these are intelligently put together on permutation and combination basis, you can achieve the different goals- increasing strength, building muscle, shedding fat and looking beautiful. This way you train your total body- all parts in some degree- amounting to total body workout- benefiting both upper and lower bodyparts.
Workouts without weight:
Though seemingly simple, full body workouts without weight are also effective exercises in muscle-build-up and strength-gain. They provide a striking contrast from your established full body workouts with equipments, simultaneously freeing you of the monotony of those workouts.
They are very easy, doable at home using your own body weight, at no or less cost. Pull-ups, pushups, body-weight squats, animal-walk, chin-ups and sit-ups are some such exercises.
Workouts for mass:
You can perform full body workouts for mass, i.e. for gaining muscle size and strength-in the form of compound exercises which activate more muscles at a time giving you quicker results. Its schedule can consist of 3 workout sessions a week with one day rest between successive workouts, with the rep schemes having a total volume (=setsXreps) of 24-50 per exercise. These are beneficial full body workouts for men as well as women.
Top 10 full body workouts:
- Barbell Bench Press: Done for strength. Muscles worked are chest, shoulders and triceps. Frequency is 2 sets of 15 reps.
- Seated Dumbbell Press: Done for gaining strength. Muscles tamed are shoulders and triceps. Frequency is 2 sets of 15 reps.
- Triceps Dip Machine: Done for getting strength using machine. Muscles benefited are triceps, shoulders and chest. Frequency is 2 sets of 15 reps.
- Leg Press: Designed for giving strength of muscles- quadriceps, calves, glutes and hamstrings. The exercise is machine-based.
- Lying T-Bar Row (Chest-Supported Row): Machine-based, this is meant for gaining strength of middle back, Biceps and Lats. Frequency is 2 sets of 15 reps.
- Standing Barbell Curl: Frequency is 2 sets of 15 reps, used for gaining strength of muscles of Biceps and forearms. This is done using barbells.
- Lying Leg Curl (Lying Hamstrings Curl): 2 sets of 15 reps is the frequency followed for gaining strength of Hamstrings. The exercise is machine-dependent.
- Machine-Crunch: Frequency is 2 sets of 15 reps meant for giving strength for abdominals, done employing machine.
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown: Performed with the help of cable, its frequency of practicing is 3 sets of 6-8 reps, targeted for strengthening muscles of Lats, Biceps, Middle Back and Shoulders
- Standing Calf Raises: A machine-based exercise, its frequency ranges as 2 sets of 8-10 reps, aimed for increasing the strength of muscles of calves.